|Registration Options | Format Options | Driving Directions | Discounts | MCLE Credit Guide | Out-of-State Credit | New Virginia Lawyers | GAL Credit |
||In 2015, Virginia CLE® began offering Experience CLE: educational training combined with historical, athletic, and cultural events. The response—and the evaluations—has been so wonderful that we have planned many more for 2016 and beyond. Click on the title to learn more and to register. Don't delay! Our Experience CLE's are often quick to sell out.
Live on Site at American Shakespeare Center’s Blackfriars Playhouse Thursday, March 16, 10:00 a.m.-5:15 p.m. (performance at 10:30 a.m.; catered lunch at 1:00 p.m.; seminar at 2:00 p.m.)
MCLE Credit: 3.0
Live-Interactive Credit: 3.0
- A world-class Shakespearean performance of The Merchant of Venice from the "Lords’ Chairs" or "Front Row Stalls" in the beautiful Blackfriars Playhouse in historic Staunton, Virginia
- A catered, buffet lunch
- Interactive instruction from rhetoric professors from American University Washington College of Law and Shakespearean scholars and actors from the American Shakespeare Center (ASC)
- A chance to improve your interactions with clients, colleagues, judges, and juries, as well as to strengthen arguments, examinations, and brief writing, in a fun and unique way
- An optional backstage tour of the playhouse following the play
Live on Site at the Verizon Center in Washington, DC: Thursday, March 16 (seminar begins at 4:00 p.m., dinner and drinks in suite at 6:00 p.m., puck drops at 7:00 p.m.)
MCLE Credit: 2.0 (Ethics: 1.0), PLUS attendees will receive a coupon for a free two-credit online seminar of their choosing for a total of 4.0 credit hours.
Live-Interactive Credit: 2.0
- Watch the Washington Capitals battle the Nashville Predators from club-level seats
- Hone your advocacy skills in an intimate workshop-style environment with two prominent judges and a leading attorney
- Enjoy an elaborate spread for dinner with beer, wine, and soft drinks in a private club-level suite
- 4 CLE Credits: Two live-interactive credits the day of the program (including 1.0 Ethics), plus a coupon for a free two-hour online seminar of your choosing
- Guest tickets available
Live on Site at The Mead Center for American Theater in Washington, DC: Friday, April 28 (seminar 4:30-6:30 p.m., boarding for cruise begins at 7:00 p.m., Odyssey Dinner Cruise 8:00-11:00 p.m.)
MCLE Credit: 2.0 (Ethics: 2.0)
Live-Interactive Credit: 2.0
- A fun and interactive two-hour Ethics CLE at the Mead Center for American Theater (across the street from marina)
- A three-course plated dinner cruise on the Potomac aboard the glass-enclosed Odyssey with live music and dancing, taking in the evening views of the national monuments along the Potomac River.
- Guest tickets available for the dinner cruise! Cash bar available.
Save the date for these upcoming Experience CLE programs:
We are proud to partner with George Washington's Mount Vernon for our annual Constitutional Institute. The Fred W. Smith National Library for the Study of George Washington at Mount Vernon hosts a variety of dynamic events, welcoming established scholars, leaders, and experts from numerous fields. Please visit their website for upcoming events.
- Thursday, June 29: CLE at Nationals Park vs. Chicago Cubs: Social Media, Cell Phone, and Electronic Evidence
- Fall 2017: The Third Annual Constitutional Institute at George Washington’s Mount Vernon