This Experience CLE includes:
- A day immersed in legal education, history, and entertainment that is uniquely both Virginian and American
- Three hours of ETHICS focused on the philosophical underpinnings and practical benefits of civility and the practice of law
- An all-star faculty featuring Justice Stephen R. McCullough of the Virginia Supreme Court; Hon. Gordon F. Willis; Hon. Jere M.H. Willis, Jr., Retired; Hon. Victoria A.B. Willis; William E. Garner; and William E. Glover, Esq.
- Two tours, lunch, a cocktail reception, and dinner
- Guest tickets available
Presented in cooperation with the George Washington Foundation
Join us at Historic Kenmore Plantation and later at George Washington’s boyhood home, Ferry Farm, for a one-of-a-kind CLE experience that will transport you to a time and place where civility was a cherished and defining part of human interaction.
Return with us to the roots of our profession, and indeed our country, with the goal of providing context to our professional lives and reminding ourselves what it means to be a Virginia lawyer. Being a lawyer should be one of the most revered professions. It is up to each and every one of us to make sure that law is consistently practiced with great skill, great passion, and the utmost civility.
We begin at Kenmore with a three-hour Ethics CLE focused on the philosophical underpinnings and practical benefits of civility and the practice of law taught by a group of uncommonly distinguished scholars, practitioners, and jurists. From there, we will be shuttled to Ferry Farm for lunch and a tour of Washington’s boyhood home. Next, a trolley tour of historic Fredericksburg, with a stop mid-way for a special treat from a local ice cream parlor. Finally, we return to Kenmore for a cocktail party and dinner. Guest tickets available!
- The current resurgence of interest in civility and its roots in our jurisprudence
- George Washington and the cultural necessity of practiced civility
- The development of ethics rules for the practice of law and the concept of professionalism
- The power of civility in uncivil times: a multi-generational perspective
This program is not eligible for discounts. Tickets are limited.