A pre-recorded streaming video replay from the November 2016 webcast, Data Privacy and Security: Compliance and Breach Response.
- Gain a foundational knowledge of key privacy compliance issues
- Learn how to plan for a breach incident and how to respond if one occurs
Nearly every company handles personal or sensitive information relating to its customers, employees, or both. The first part of this seminar will equip attendees with a thorough foundation in key privacy compliance issues. Topics will focus on federal and state privacy law compliance and on preventive data security measures designed to proactively protect and manage personal data.
Even the best laid plans, however, may not prevent a data breach. Whether it is a small leak from a careless or malicious employee, or a large-scale cyber-attack, in a single moment the complex statutory and regulatory world of data privacy can become very, very real. The second part of this seminar will provide a framework for thorough and systematic breach response procedures. Attendees will learn how to assess the breach, provide notice, prepare for inquiries, and take appropriate post-breach actions.
Our speaker holds the CIPP/US certification in privacy and regularly counsels clients in both preventive data security and in managing compliance issues after a data breach.
Topics to be covered include:
- Essential components of a Written Information Security Program (WISP)
- Considerations when drafting or revising your organization’s IT policies
- Best practices for accurate and compliant privacy disclosures/policies
- Vendor due diligence and contracts
- Breach response procedures, including: