A pre-recorded streaming video replay from the September 2016 webcast, A Basic Overview of Trusts.
GAL Continuing Credits: 1.5
Note: Your GAL certificate may be found at the front of your written materials.
This is a quick overview of trusts without getting into specifics of each trust. Learn which trusts will:
- Protect a client’s assets
- Protect a disabled spouse or child
- Give to charity while remaining beneficial to the grantor
- Put conditions on bequests
Also learn other purposes behind the use of trusts.
GRATs, QPRTs, SNTs, ILITs????
Trusts and estates lawyers need to learn a whole set of acronyms for the various types of trusts available to their clients. Become familiar with the terms and general concepts as your first foray into the estate planning world.
Everyone should have a will, sure. What other estate planning tools are available to either protect assets or assure assets are distributed according to your clients’ wishes?
More and more clients are exploring the use of trusts in their estate planning. This seminar will give the practitioner an overview of various types of trusts to consider when assisting a client with specific estate planning needs. Learn which trusts will serve your client’s goals from tax planning, to protecting a disabled beneficiary, to making charitable bequests. This is a basic- level seminar.
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Irrevocable Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Testamentary Trusts
- Credit Shelter or Family Trusts
- Grantor-Retained Annuity Trusts
- Marital Deduction Trusts
- Qualified Terminable Interest Property Trusts
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts
- Qualified Domestic Trusts
- Charitable Remainder Trusts and Charitable Lead Trusts
- Special Needs Trusts