Ethics Credits Included:
A pre-recorded streaming video replay of the February 2012 live webcast, Advanced Conflict Resolution Skills: Taking Nogotiation Skills to a New Level.
Topics covered include:
- Conduct effective client interviews
- Prepare clients for difficult negotiations
- Deal with difficult clients
- Deal with hard-ball attorneys
- Assess the client’s ability to negotiate
- Help clients to be more effective in the negotiation process
- Effectively work with clients in the negotiation process
- Deal with the emotional undercurrents of a negotiation
- More effectively use and balance empathy and assertiveness
- Understand the power and effectiveness of the use of apology
- Understand effective use of silence in conflict resolutions
At the heart and core of all negotiations and in dealing effectively with conflict is the use of good communication skills. This program will demonstrate the use of these skills and techniques in various difficult negotiations. Portions of CPTI’s curriculum and materials for their various trainings will serve as a springboard and a valuable resource for this seminar.
Mastering the communication skills necessary to successfully engage in effective conflict resolution enables attorneys to improve the profitability of their business as well as to improve their relationships with their clients, colleagues, and family. The expert faculty will walk participants through a proven step-by-step approach for managing conflict and engaging in negotiations with more success. Attendees will learn how to prepare for high-stakes negotiations and how to keep the negotiation constructive and focused, regardless of how the other negotiator responds.
Lisa Herrick, PhD, West Falls Psychotherapy Group, LLC / Falls Church
Frank West Morrison, Phillips, Morrison, Johnson & Ferrell / Lynchburg
Lisa L. Schenkel, Schenkel & Donaldson, P.C. / Lynchburg
Dillina Wimer Stickley, Hoover Penrod, PLC / Harrisonburg
P. Marshall Yoder, Wharton Aldhizer & Weaver, PLC / Harrisonburg