Saving 25% is easy for new Virginia lawyers!
Nothing to do or sign up for, simply:
- Qualify **Your Virginia bar license date must be no earlier than 3 years before the day you purchase/register for a seminar or publication.**
- Choose from our large selection of seminars and publications
- Enter coupon code NEWLAWYER at checkout
- Save 25%
Let Virginia CLE® help you get the edge on the competition through the wisdom and experience of hundreds of Virginia legal experts.
On this page, you will find (click to jump to section):
- Information on your 25% New Virginia Lawyer discount
- Valuable FAQs, including MCLE requirements
- New Lawyer Resources
- New Lawyer Community
- Helpful Videos
** Rule 1A:1 Reciprocity Course Information **
Seeking to apply for admission to the Virginia Bar via reciprocity? Please click for more information.
25% OFF SEMINARS AND PUBLICATIONS for lawyers in their first three years of Virginia practice.
Our new lawyer discount (coupon code NEWLAWYER) does not apply to already discounted products such as combos or libraries and cannot be combined with other discounts. Advance registration is required. The discount is not available on walk-in registrations. While this discount is available on the vast majority of Virginia CLE® seminars, the following are not discountable:
- Advanced Estate Planning
- Advanced Real Estate
- Annual Construction Law
- Annual Criminal Law
- Advanced Witness Preparation
- Legacy of Watergate
- Mid-Atlantic Bankruptcy
- Trial Advocacy College*
- Virginia Conference on Federal Taxation
- Qualifying and Advanced GAL for Children programs
* The National Trial Advocacy College does accept requests for discounted tuition, which will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
HINT: For savings well over 25%, consider an Online Bundle when purchasing Webcasts or online seminars, or a Combo or Library when purchasing publications.
New Lawyer FAQs
- Who is eligible for the Virginia CLE® New Lawyer discounts?
- What is the MCLE requirement for attorneys in Virginia?
- When do I begin to report my MCLE credits in Virginia?
- Are there any special requirements for newly admitted attorneys in Virginia?
- And more . . .
New Lawyer Resources
Hanging a Shingle: How to Start a Successful Law Practice: Are you thinking of starting your own law practice? Have you recently opened your own office and would appreciate some tips to point you in the right direction? Virginia CLE® has worked closely with solo and small firm practitioners to develop topics that are imperative to the success of your business. Video Replays in February 2014. Plus, individual sessions offered as online seminars.
How-To Seminars: Virginia CLE®'s offers a number of "how-to" courses focusing on the basic skills that every attorney needs.
View a listing of upcoming seminars that may be of particular interest to new lawyers.
View a listing of publications that may be of particular interest to new lawyers.
Legal Links: Links to primary sources, Virginia courts, and other important legal information sources.
Legal Ethics Opinions: Virginia CLE® maintains a collection of recent Virginia legal ethics opinions that may be searched by key words or LEO number.
Fastcase: A web-based collection of state and federal cases, statutes, regulations, court rules, and more. The Virginia State Bar has made Fastcase available at no cost to all licensed Virginia attorneys. Log in to the VSB Members Area to access this powerful online resource.
New Lawyer Community
Young Lawyers Conference: All active and associate Virginia State Bar members in good standing, age 36 and under, as well as those members admitted to the Virginia State Bar as their initial bar for less than three years, are automatically members.
The Young Lawyers Division of the Virginia Bar Association: YLD is a separate entity of the VBA organized to promote the interests of, to encourage public service by, and to encourage and promote fellowship among young lawyers.