Most of our 2015 programs were sell-outs and we expect that trend to continue. If you would like to be among the first to be notified when registration opens for future Experience CLE programs, please e-mail email@example.com.
Virginia CLE® is now offering some of our most popular CLE programming ever in a new format: educational training combined with historical, athletic, or cultural events. We call this “Experience CLE” and we firmly believe that if you are like many of your colleagues, you’ll be so glad you tried it yourself.
Planning is in full swing for 2016 Experience CLE, which will include new programs as well as returning ones. The preliminary list includes programs in conjunction with:
- The Verizon Center for Wizards Basketball and Capitals Hockey
- University of Virginia athletics
- Virginia Tech athletics
- The Kennedy Center
- The Holocaust Museum
- Nationals Park (return visit)
- George Washington's Mount Vernon (return visit)
Experience CLE now open for registration:
Live on Site at the American Shakespeare Center’s Blackfriars Playhouse in Staunton / Thursday, October 8, performance at 10:30 a.m.; seminar at 2:00 p.m., catered lunch and The Winter's Tale ticket included.
Live on Site in Charlottesville / Saturday, October 31, time TBA, pre-game meal, parking, and game ticket included. LIMITED SEATS!!
Past Experience CLE:
CLE at Nationals Park: Trial Skills for Facing Curveballs, Fastballs, and Pitches in the Dirt
Our first Experience CLE was a home run.
- "Great venue, great topic. Combines learning and fun activities."
- "Concise, helpful, great location and idea to tie with baseball game."
- "Loved the venue and practical tips.
- "Serve beer!"
The Inaugural Constitutional Institute at Mount Vernon
A sold out crowd of 150 people spent Constitution Day at the home of the Father of Our Country and the President of the Constitutional Convention. Offered at the Fred W. Smith National Library for the Study of George Washington on the grounds of Mount Vernon, particiapnts were transported to the very root of American jurisprudence and given a unique opportunity to examine the words, thoughts, and governing philosophy of perhaps the greatest American to ever live — George Washington. This one of a kind, truly immersive CLE experience included lectures by national constitutional and rule of law experts, as well as a rare opportunity to examine original documents, including George Washington’s handwritten notes.
- "The program is of the utmost importance, enabling lawyers to appreciate the ideological origins of the revolution and the rule of law. Too little attention is paid to the founding. Thank you for reminding us of the intended meaning of our Constitution. Please continue with nontraditional, multidisciplinary, history-based courses like this."
- "This CLE was amazing; the best I’ve ever attended. The depth of the topics covered and knowledge of the speakers was exceptional and the location was phenomenal."
- "The most intellectually stimulating CLE I have attended in 21 years of practicing law."
- "Best CLE program I have ever attended."
- "This was beyond amazing – do it again!!"
- "It was great to be motivated and inspired by a CLE program! Thank you."
CLE at Nationals Park: Unique Civil and Criminal Issues Facing Current and Former Military Service Members and Families
- "Absolutely love the idea of having CLE associated with a non-law related entertainment or cultural event. Also, excellent combination of topics."
- "Great idea to combine CLE with baseball game. Very informative. The best CLE in advanced family law I have attended in years."
If you would like to be among the first to be notified when registration opens for future Experience CLE programs, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.