If you purchase a webcast on the day of the seminar, your e-mail receipt will include a link to launch the program.
A webcast is a streaming audio and video broadcast of a seminar delivered right to your PC or Mac computer, tablet, or smartphone — anywhere with a good Internet connection. You are able to ask questions of the speakers live online.
All Virginia CLE® webcasts qualify for live-interactive credit towards the 4-hour requirement. Those recorded at an earlier date feature live Q&A with the presenter at the end of the rebroadcast.
How do I purchase a webcast? (Expand/Collapse Answer)
iPad, iPhone and Android Users
- Please download the Adobe® Connect app from either the iOS App Store or the Google Play Market.
- Please note that a strong wi-fi signal is required to view a webcast on a mobile device.
PC and Laptop Users
Webcast System Test
You may test your system for our webcasts at any time by clicking the button below.
- Please ignore the instruction to plug in a webcam (you do not need a webcam to attend our webcasts).
- Google's Chrome browser is not currently supported for our webcasts. Please use IE, Firefox or Safari.
- Please disregard the results of Test #4: The Adobe Connect Add-in Test. This test is only necessary for presenters.
How do I view a webcast? (Expand/Collapse Answer)
- Every person who seeks MCLE credit for a Virginia CLE® webcast seminar must register separately and pay the registration fee.
- Purchase may take place up until ten minutes prior to the webcast seminar.
May I ask questions of the speakers? (Expand/Collapse Answer)
Yes -- during the seminar, attendees may submit questions to the speakers via the chat room for the webcast. The speakers will read out and answer the questions during their presentation.
What is the cancellation/refund policy? (Expand/Collapse Answer)
Webcast refunds are given up until 5:00 p.m. the day before a webcast. However, you will be charged $40 if you cancel your Webcast registration (for non-technical reasons) after Virginia CLE has e-mailed the link to the materials. Full refunds and course transfers are given for up to two days after a webcast to those who experience technical difficulties accessing a webcast.
- Virginia CLE® will email instructions to you before the webcast begins. If you do not receive the instruction email at least 2 hours before the webcast, please email email@example.com.
- If you purchase a webcast the day of a webcast, your e-mail receipt will include a link to launch the program.
- Please see the information on the right for the System Requirements and the Webcast System Test.