|Format Options | Live / Video | Telephone | Webcast | Online Seminars | USB Flash Drive Video | Downloadable Audio | Video on CDROM |
Effective August 15, 2012, Virginia CLE® has discontinued the sale of CD-ROM video seminars in favor of USB Flash Drive Video Seminars.
Advantages of USB Flash Drive Video Seminars:
- USB flash drives work on both Mac® and Windows® PC computers with Adobe® Flash® Player. The video files on the drive can also be transferred to tablets (such as the iPad) and smartphones.
- If you have to stop viewing a USB flash drive seminar, you can go right back to where you left off by making a note of the segment and time elapsed — you don't have to start at the beginning of a segment.
- You are no longer limited to viewing a seminar on a single computer — you can start watching at the office and continue at home (or any other place that provides an appropriate educational setting).
- You can carry the seminars in your pocket.
Learn more about USB flash drive seminars and view our growing inventory.
You will still be able to get MCLE credit for CD-ROMs that you have purchased in 2012 as long as you obtain your MCLE Certificate by October 30, 2012.
>> Access your CD-ROM MCLE Certification of Attendance form online
What are the system requirements for a Video on CD-ROM?
- Your MCLE form will be dated and you will receive credit as of the date you visit our certificate page and obtain the form.
- If you are using a CD-ROM Video Seminar near the end of a credit reporting period, be sure to visit the certificate page immediately upon completion of the seminar.
- If you have any difficulty obtaining your certificate, please email your name, phone number and the six-digit completion code to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you on the next business day.
- You must watch the entire program on the same computer to receive MCLE credit.
- If you have a question for the speakers, please email us at email@example.com.
Please note that Video Seminars on CD-ROM cannot be taken for credit on a Macintosh®, Linux, or other non-Windows computer, with one possible exception. They may work on a Macintosh if the Macintosh is running a Microsoft® Windows PC emulator with Windows Media Player installed. The MCLE regulations also require that you provide an appropriate physical setting, including a suitable writing surface. In order to send questions or comments to speakers and to obtain your MCLE Certification of Attendance form, you will need an Internet connection of any kind, including dial-up. You do not need an Internet connection while viewing the seminar. How do I take a Video Seminars on CD-ROM? You can purchase the Video Seminar on CD-ROM online or via mail, fax, or phone. (Find out more about purchasing options here.) We will mail you a packet which will include printed written materials and one or more CD-ROMs. Simply insert the first CD-ROM in your CD-ROM drive and you will be prompted to enter your bar number. You can pause the seminar whenever you like. The seminars are divided into segments, so you can even exit the program, turn off your computer, and later return to the beginning of any segment you haven't completed. Please note that you must view the entire program from the same computer. When you complete the last segment, you will be provided a link to a bulletin board on which you can pose questions to speakers and make comments. From there you can download or print your MCLE Certification of Attendance form. How long do I have to complete a Video Seminar on CD-ROM after purchase? You will be able to get MCLE credit for CD-ROMs that you have purchased in 2012 as long as you obtain your MCLE Certificate by October 30, 2012. Are there any restrictions on claiming MCLE Credit for Video Seminars on CD-ROM? Virginia CLE® Video Seminars on CD-ROM are all approved for Virginia MCLE credit -- please refer to the individual course information for the amount of credits each course is worth. You do not have to view them with another attorney. Please note that if you have previously viewed this program for MCLE credit in live, video, online, or CD-ROM presentations, MCLE rules prevent you from claiming credits for the same course taken in two successive years. Your MCLE form will be dated and you will receive credit as of the date you visit the bulletin board and obtain the form. So if you are using a Video Seminar on CD-ROM near the end of a credit reporting period, be sure to visit the bulletin board immediately upon completion of the seminar. If you have any trouble accessing your certificate after business hours, please email Virginia CLE® at firstname.lastname@example.org. What is the License Agreement for Video Seminars on CD-ROM? After you complete the seminar, you can keep the CD-ROM and review the speakers' presentations as often as you like. You can only use the Video Seminar on CD-ROM once to obtain Virginia MCLE credit. You can also share it with colleagues (although not for MCLE credit purposes unless they also purchase copies from Virginia CLE®). Duplication of CD-ROMs, any material they contain, or any written materials provided with them is prohibited by copyright law.
- A PC with Windows® XP or later (earlier versions of Windows may work as well)
- Version 9 or later of Windows® Media Player (included with all recent Windows operating systems)