Do you know the latest research-based negotiation strategies that work—and don’t work? How do you really know you’re getting the best deal or settlement? Find out from one of the nation’s leading negotiation experts.
- Learn Latz’s 5 Golden Rules of Negotiation
- Learn powerful agenda-control techniques and tactics to generate creative solutions
- Observe and analyze a negotiation simulation led by Latz
- Attendees receive Latz’s critically acclaimed book, Gain the Edge! Negotiating to Get What You Want
Featuring Marty Latz, national negotiation expert and author of Gain the Edge! Negotiating to Get What You Want
YOU NEGOTIATE EVERY DAY. In fact, your ability to effectively negotiate may be the most critical skill you possess. Yet most negotiate instinctively or intuitively. This seminar will help you approach negotiations with a strategic mindset.
And make no mistake—no matter how much you’ve negotiated, you can still learn. Adding that one new tactic may be the difference between winning and walking away empty-handed.
Martin Latz is one of the nation’s leading experts and instructors on negotiating techniques—he will help make YOU a more effective lawyer.
15 Skills You’ll Learn
- Latz’s 5 Golden Rules of Negotiation
- Ways to gain leverage when seemingly powerless
- Strategies to get past “No”—if all appears lost
- First-offer dynamics—when to make it and when to wait
- Secrets to success in emotionally charged negotiations
- Powerful agenda-control techniques
- Deadline and timing tips
- Where to use competitive techniques vs. problem-solving strategies
- Tactics to generate creative solutions
- How to get power with effective information gathering
- When to share information—and when to keep it
- When to hold—and when to fold
- Ways to deal with untrustworthy adversaries
- How to keep options open while building future relationships
- The difference between “puffery” and unacceptable lying
This seminar focuses on typical legal negotiation situations, such as discovery disputes, closing M&A deals, and settlement negotiations. The major exercise in this seminar involves a contractual dispute between two manufacturing companies. Program participants engage in several large- and small-group exercises to illustrate the negotiating principles discussed above.
FREE EXPERT NEGOTIATION ADVICE AFTER THE SEMINAR ENDS
You will receive as an attendee:
- Latz’s critically acclaimed book, Gain the Edge! Negotiating to Get What You Want
- An e-mail subscription to Latz’s monthly negotiation column in The Arizona Republic—so you will never stop honing your skills
“No matter how much you’ve negotiated, you’ll learn things.”