Learn from watching the masters!
- Clarence Darrow—America's greatest trial lawyer. Hear his finest closing argument in The People v. Clarence Darrow. Understand his cunning trial theme in the Scopes Monkey Trial.
- Nuremburg Trials. Watch U.S. Supreme Court Justice Jackson spar with Hitler's Reichsmarschall Göring.
- The O.J. Case. See F. Lee Bailey break the most basic rules of cross—and prosper. Witness how winning the battle sometimes loses the war.
- “Hissteria.” Alger Hiss, clerk to Justice Holmes, advisor to Roosevelt at the Tehran Conference, and to Truman at the Potsdam conference. Was Hiss a statesman? Or a spy?
- Clinton Impeachment Trial. Watch the final argument that acquitted Clinton and analyze the arguments made.
Todd Winegar, one of America’s highest rated CLE speakers, uses actual film footage, re-creations, and verbatim trial transcripts to bring you a unique educational program. Learn from the masters.
There can be no better education—and entertainment—than to be seated in the front row as some of the greatest trial attorneys of the past century rise to cross-examine a witness or deliver their closing argument. Now, thanks to this acclaimed seminar and Todd Winegar, YOU have that front row seat for some of history’s top courtroom performances. You see actual trial footage and verbatim recreations from transcripts. This seminar allows you to emulate some of the greatest techniques ever developed, and avoid some of the greatest mistakes ever made. Listen, learn, and enjoy!
Each registrant receives the workbook Trials of the Century and the Ultimate Trial Notebook. Said one state bar president: “the best CLE handout EVER!” A binder of checklists and advice to use every time you appear in court or write a memorandum. It will be a valuable desk reference for the rest of your career.
Includes chapters such as:
- Opening Statement
- Pretrial Checklist
- Writing Checklist
- Witness Preparation
- Closing Argument
- Direct Examination
- Trial Forms
And much more!
Comments from attorneys:
“It was extraordinary. And that’s something I never even imagined could be said about CLE.”
“As a member of the American College of Trial Lawyers, one who has tried many complicated trials, as well as attended countless trial practice seminars and been a seminar presenter myself, this was the finest trial practice seminar I have ever attended.”
“I thought ‘best CLE ever’ was the normal hype. But it really was the best both in content and interest.”
“Todd makes an invaluable contribution to the practice of law.”
“Fantastic! Mr. Winegar combines the History Channel and the Discovery Channel with trial advocacy class.”
“Todd Winegar is a master seminar presenter.”
Comments from BARS:
“Congratulations! You’re our highest rated speaker ever.” ICLE of New Jersey
“Todd Winegar is the best national speaker.” ICLE of Georgia
“I’ve never seen evaluations so good.” State Bar of Arizona
“Todd Winegar’s reviews from his full-day seminars are ‘off the charts’.” Minnesota CLE